Thursday, December 10, 2009

cannot find symbol location: org.apache.maven.ProjectBuildFailureException

This is another wierd error I faced while trying to debug on of the other hardest problems I've faced(whose entry will surely be here when I solve it).

I am using m2eclipse with appfuse(struts2+Hibernate + Spring) modular application. After adding a new action class (into the web module)and a new Model class(into the core module), eclipse did not show me any compiler errors. Everything was as fine as it could get untill I invoked the mvn clean install using m2eclipse.

Unwittingly Maven was not able to find my model class that was referenced from the Action class. These are the kind of errors which you know the moment you see it that it is very weird.

Solution:

Well, my solution may not work for you, all I did was:

invoke the command I was trying from m2eclipse(i.e mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip) from command line. It went fine from the command line after which i tried through m2eclipse and it worked fine there asl well. Inexplicable, but thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment